Technology drives our business — it's our main competitive advantage — and as a result, software engineers play a pivotal role. They tackle the hardest problems through analysis, experimentation, design, and elegant implementation.
Software engineers at Two Sigma build what the organization needs to explore data's possibilities and act on our findings – to mine the past and attempt to predict the future. We create the tools at scale to enable vast data analysis; the technology we build enables us to engage in conversation with the data, and search for knowledge and insight.
We champion a disciplined, collaborative, scientific approach which allows us to meet the immediate needs of the business, while innovating in a way that is constantly forward-looking and future-reaching.
We attract engineers with a true passion for data. We seek individuals who want to build for today and invent for tomorrow. We value curiosity and insight, balanced with pragmatism and practicality. We recognize both the small steps, as well as the broad vision.
Our challenges require mastery of areas such as, but not limited to:
- Kernel level development;
- Machine learning;
- Distributed systems.
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- Experience with Java, C, C++, Python, Ruby, Perl, or other languages that target the JVM.
- Experience in large-scale systems is highly desirable.
- Exceptional programming skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- An obsession with building quality software.
- We are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology.
- While we analyze the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.