Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Venn (www.tsvenn.com) is an application used by investment allocators (e.g., customers of Two Sigma) to understand holistically the risks and returns of their suite of investments. It decomposes risk and return into factors and allows portfolio optimization by combining a user's factor forecasts with current factor exposures.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced full stack web developer to build our investor web portal. Using best of breed technologies in the front end and public cloud, you will build a data-driven solution for the most significant investment objectives that our clients face. This is an ambitious mission, but we are executing on it by focusing on our own strengths and assets and on a scalable platform.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Apply creativity, rigor and collaboration to help plan and execute front end development in React.js, Amazon Web Services, and other technologies
- Participate closely with marketing, business development and engineering colleagues to plan and execute high impact changes
- Ideate and test and analyze solutions to 'big data' challenges of computation at scale, portfolio management, data analysis and visualization
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Proven academic success at a minimum an honours degree (or equivalent from a non-UK university) in computer science, engineering or STEM related discipline.
- Full stack experience using Java and Python a major plus, as is experience with Amazon Web Services and an aptitude for algorithms, data structures, and software design.
- While you will work in the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement - just a dedication to building quality software!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.