Location: London, London, United Kingdom
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
As a member of the Reliability and DevOps engineering team, you will be responsible for developing tools to give visibility into the state of the two sigma production systems, ensuring that systems are resilient to failure, automating manual processes and remediating incidents in real time then diagnosing root causes to ensure they never happen again. The team is a highly collaborative collection of engineers from a range of backgrounds that all share a passion to improve our systems and to learn from one another while doing so.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
· Software development of SRE owned systems, services, tools and libraries.
· Improving all aspects of software reliability, including monitoring, alerting and documentation;
· Engaging with our software engineering teams on architectural design, reliability, performance, support issues and improvements to our tools, processes, and software
· Gathering and analyzing metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
· Primary operational support for multiple large distributed software applications
You will gain exposure to:
· Off the shelf and open source systems and utilities while provisioning production systems in a variety of domains including multi-tenant use [open source technologies include, but are not limited to; Jenkins, Grafana, Nagios, Genios, Zookeeper, github, Sonarqube, nginx, and MySQL]
· Relational database concepts and have the ability to construct moderately complex SQL queries.
You should possess the following:
· A Bachelor’s or Masters degree, or equivalent in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline.
· A minimum of 2+ years development focused professional work experience with one or more high level languages such as; Java, C++ or Go
· High proficiency with one or more scripting languages such as; Python or Bash,
· Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution and continuous development and automation. Proven track record for automating process together with an algorithmic approach to solving problems.
· Knowledge of UNIX or Linux Systems.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.