Location: London, London, United Kingdom
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a software engineer to enhance our Investor Analytics and Risk Management software platform. Working with best of breed technologies alongside our Chief Risk Officer and Investor Relations team you will ensure we provide a best in class platform for analyzing, monitoring, and reporting multi-asset risk and performance to our investors, portfolio managers and executive leadership team.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
You should possess the following qualifications:
· A strong academic record with a degree or concentration in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a scientific discipline.
· 2+ years (preferred) Computer Science experience developing production-ready backend services - treating, reliability, speed, continuous uptime, etc. as first-class citizens.
· Have proven technical abilities and a passion to teach and share. Proficiency with Java, C++ or comparable languages.
· Strong communication skills, keen attention to detail, readiness to challenge assumptions and obsession with building quality software.
· We are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology.
· While we analyze the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.