Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
AlphaStudio is an internal startup within Two Sigma that collaborates with top scientific talent--working remotely across the world--on prediction problems at the intersection of data science and finance. This role will be ideal for a person looking to grow within a dynamic platform, and will play a critical part in a rapidly evolving business.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong statistical background, who aspires to be a leader and manager in the future. As the Research Associate, you will occasionally feel compelled to dive deep into the data and the code to derive novel insights. Reporting to the Research Lead, the Research Associate will be responsible for achieving the highest quality research output.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Help guide the research engagements with global scientists, including: designing research questions, investigating assumptions, reviewing findings and code, and preparing and delivering presentations on the research results.
- Own and execute various components of the research process, which spans analysis, operations and engineering.
- Operations and engineering work includes preparing documents for internal review by senior stakeholders, developing product specifications and prototypes for tooling to improve research efficiency, and providing robust strategic advice to a fast growing business.
Your should possess the following qualifications:
- 3-7 years of strong performance in a dynamic, challenging environment, preferably within a field requiring ongoing quantitative analysis (e.g., data science, economic or financial research, management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy).
- BS or MA degree in: mathematics, engineering, physics, statistics (or a related quantitative or technical discipline).
- Familiarity with Python, particularly with data pipelines, data manipulation and machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with advanced statistical modeling (esp. time series modeling), numerical methods and research background.
- Written and spoken fluency in at least one foreign language.
- Applicants selected will be evaluated on both their technical and communication skills and their ability to demonstrate clear judgment, critical thinking, keen attention to detail, and intellectual honesty.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.