Location: New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial technology company in SoHo that explores the fascinating intersection of big data, artificial intelligence and finance. We currently manage approximately $50 billion AUM with 1200+ staff spanning New York, London, Houston and Hong Kong. We apply the scientific method to investment management and are not your typical investment manager. We follow principles of technology and innovation with equal regard to principles of investment management. Fields like machine learning and distributed computing guide us. Since 2001, we have searched for ways that these kinds of technologies can make us better at what we do.
We are looking for a senior leader to help build and manage the operating platform of the future for our Asset Management business. Asset Management at Two Sigma leverages the firm’s research, data, and technology-driven approach to provide investment and technology solutions to leading institutional investors globally. This function’s responsibilities will involve both enhancing the current operation of the business as well as designing and implementing a more robust operational foundation for the business to grow upon. Working in conjunction with the Asset Management leadership team, clients, Two Sigma Corporate, Engineering, and Modeling leadership, and service providers on all aspects of the business, s/he will lead the development and management of a high quality infrastructure that will scale with a rapidly growing business.
S/he will be responsible for a broad range of management, financial and operations efforts, including the following:
· Based on the overall growth strategy for the business, design and implement a long-term operating model (processes, infrastructure, and capabilities) to achieve the required scalability and flexibility in research, portfolio management, trading, portfolio operations and support, and legal / compliance among others
· Oversee financial planning, budgeting, and performance reporting for Asset Management, which includes presentation of profitability of various business efforts, performance metrics, resource planning, and long-term forecasting. This effort will require both build-out of business-specific infrastructure as well as coordination with firm wide Financial Planning, Corporate Accounting, and Tax functions among others
· Develop a reporting platform to capture non-financial performance metrics across all research, engineering, and business related functions within Asset Management. This platform will serve as a key tool for strategic decision-making and monitoring progress on critical business initiatives
· Collaborate with Asset Management leadership on strategic planning and report on progress relative to key business objectives. Lead coordination and communication to Two Sigma senior management and key stakeholders firm wide.
· Partner with Legal and Compliance to expand Asset Management’s corporate structure, regulatory footprint, and compliance program to accommodate business growth moving forward. Partnering with internal partners in Corporate for business oversight and support for control functions and compliance monitoring
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record, preferably in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related discipline
· 12+ years of professional growth through positions of increasing responsibility, with several years of operating experience in a highly demanding environment; ideally, but not necessarily, finance
· Experienced operating professional with outstanding leadership capabilities and a track record of building, developing and leading scalable organizations
· Strong analytical and conceptual problem solving skills with an ability to translate medium- and long-term business objectives into a robust operating strategy and framework for growing a business
· Good business acumen with an ability to see beyond the numbers and identify drivers of performance
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative working style
· Strong work ethic (takes ownership), self-starter and quick-study mentality; ability to work independently and within a team framework
· Ability to influence and negotiate
· Ability to bring operational best practices to a growing organization, identify potential gaps or areas for improvement, and design the long-term solutions needed to drive operational efficiency and growth