Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. We are a technology company that applies a rigorous, scientific method-based approach to investment management, managing over $50 billion in assets. Since our founding in 2001, Two Sigma’s vision has been to develop technological innovations that intelligently analyze the world’s data to consistently deliver value for our clients. We search for ways that these technologies can make us better at what we do, and explore how we can apply them more broadly, extending our capabilities and activities.
We are seeking a talented attorney to join our Legal team, providing legal support to an array of business initiatives with a primary focus on supporting data, technology and research teams. The ideal candidate is an attorney that has prior experience in commercial transactions and familiarity with legal issues present at a regulated financial company and/or technology company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting data and research platforms with legal advice, development of best practices and controls, and contracts support
- Memorializing legal advice regarding evolving areas of data usage, hedge fund research, and cutting-edge technology
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of data, software, procurement and outsourcing contracts, and standardizing internal document management procedures and preferred contract terms across the organization
- Researching emerging areas of law including in data, privacy, licensing, and FinTech
- Designing and implementing processes and controls including through workflow software tools
- Ideally 2-3 years of experience practicing law in a corporate, advisory or compliance group at a reputable law firm or in-house
- Proven experience in contract drafting and negotiation
- Strong skillset in legal research and drafting memoranda of law
- Penchant for improving business efficiency
- High aptitude, strong analytical skills, and intellectual curiosity
- Strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility, with drive to cover areas of responsibility deeply and broadly
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Personality, mindset, and approach suitable for an entrepreneurial, growing firm with a collaborative, team dynamic
- Ability and desire to independently learn emerging areas of law and identify legal issues related to innovative businesses
- Admission to the New York bar