More than 1200 people who believe the scientific method is the best way to approach investing. Ideas backed up with information, and improved by iteration. That’s Two Sigma. We’re not your typical investment manager. We follow principles of technology and innovation as much as principles of investment management. Fields like machine learning and distributed computing guide us. Since 2001, we’ve searched for ways that these kinds of technologies can make us better at what we do. We never stop researching and developing. In the process, we work to help real people. Through our investors, we support the retirements of millions around the world. And we help fund breakthrough research, education and a wide range of charities and foundations.
The mission of the Business Innovation & Growth (“BIG”) team is to apply creativity, rigor, and collaboration to help plan and execute the business growth of Two Sigma. Our work is a blend of strategy, technology, finance, venture capital, and execution with a key focus on defining what the future looks like and how Two Sigma can play a part in defining and improving it. Our mandate is to shape the future of finance and technology – as a proven pioneer and leader in both spaces.
The Business Innovation & Growth analyst will make important contributions across a diverse array of projects and will be expected to develop a broad skill-set in data science, engineering, business and finance. We are a small team with no formal hierarchies – so the analyst role has significant potential for learning and impact.
- Helping define the long-term strategy and operating model of Two Sigma;
- Analyzing specific potential new business opportunities related to market gaps, disruptive technologies, and shifts in behaviors – across a wide range of industries;
- Driving execution of new business initiatives using a combination of product prototyping, modeling, financial analysis, incubation or business development capabilities;
- Developing strategic partnerships with potential counter-parties on a global basis; and
- Executing on strategic opportunities (e.g., M&A).
- 18-36 months of experience in roles within the fields of technology, engineering, business strategy, venture capital, consulting, banking and/or investment management type.
- BA / BS degree –majors / minors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- The ability to write basic code or conduct basic data science analyses (or to quickly learn).
- A passion for technology, financial services and investment management.
- A willingness to approach problems from first principles, with the support of rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- A balanced approach combining judgment, analytical rigor, curiosity, open-mindedness and creativity.
- Or… to condense everything: a passion for learning, analyzing and executing (with a sense of fun!).