Business Innovation & Growth Manager
More than 900 people who believe
the scientific method is the best way to approach investing. Ideas backed
up with information, and improved by iteration. That’s Two Sigma.
We’re not your typical investment manager. We follow principles of
technology and innovation as much as principles of investment management.
Fields like machine learning and distributed computing guide us. Since
2001, we’ve searched for ways that these kinds of technologies can make us
better at what we do. We never stop researching and developing. In
the process, we work to help real people. Through our investors, we
support the retirements of millions around the world. And we help fund
breakthrough research, education and a wide range of charities and foundations.
The mission of the Business
Innovation & Growth (“BIG”) team is to apply creativity, rigor, and
collaboration to help plan and execute the business growth of Two Sigma.
Our work is a blend of strategy, technology, finance, venture capital, and
execution with a key focus on defining what the future looks like and how Two
Sigma can play a part in defining and improving it. Our mandate is to
shape the future of finance and technology – as a proven pioneer and leader in
define the long-term strategy and operating model of Two Sigma;
specific potential new business opportunities related to market gaps,
disruptive technologies, and shifts in behaviors – across a wide range of
execution of new business initiatives using a combination of product
prototyping, modeling, financial analysis, incubation or business
strategic partnerships with potential counter-parties on a global basis;
on strategic opportunities (e.g., M&A).
- BA / BS degree –majors / minors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, or other STEM related discipline with a minimum overall GPA of 3.5.
- 5-7 years relevant work experience in business strategy, product development/prototyping, management consulting or equivalent.
- Industry sector and/or product experience from; Technology, Fintech or Financial Services (Asset Management, Institutional Investment Advisory, Wealth Management and Securities trading notably Electronic/Algorithmic trading) highly preferred.
- Experience partnering with senior management to proactively source and execute on new business opportunities and drive business results.
- Proven ability to take an idea from blank sheet of paper, to development of clear and concise recommendation, through to execution.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships with broad and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experience managing a team or group of individuals, with direct responsibility for mentorship and career development.
- Adept negotiation skills, including with external business counterparts.