Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Within the Investment Management business, the Macro team consists of modelers, portfolio managers, and business managers operating across a broad universe of 200+ macro markets. These macro markets fall into 4 broad categories; Equity and Credit; Fixed Income; Commodities and FX.
We are seeking a technical business manager with strong operational expertise and quantitative rigor to coordinate and drive organizational alignment and productivity. They will drive important modeling and business initiatives, concentrated in the macro markets space but often traversing the entire Modeling organization, across both internal Engineering and Corporate partners and external counterparties. This person will lead cross-team initiatives by defining business cases, designing specs, and managing releases of new platform functionality across both production trading and research environments. We expect success in this role to have a major positive impact on our breadth of products traded and scalability and efficiency of the end to end research and trading platform.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Prioritize, negotiate and drive business critical needs, e.g. expanding cross-asset research capabilities, across various stakeholders
- Launch new tradable macro markets by coordinating internal and external partners from business case -> requirements -> planning -> design -> testing -> implementation
- Identify and deliver front to back platform improvements across both production trading and research environments
- Deliver business analytics and perform ad hoc research through historic simulations
- Participate in Macro strategic planning with all principal stakeholders (across Modeling, Engineering, and Corporate Functions) to review business needs, dependencies, opportunities and challenges
- Curate and communicate key business updates and promote internal knowledge sharing within the Macro as well as entire Modeling community, e.g. new market developments, challenges to buy side firms, common Modeler tools/scripts that can be easily shared
You should possess the following qualifications:
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or a related technical field (e.g. Eng, Mathematics, etc.) from a highly accredited academic institution with a passion for the markets
- 3 -5 years of experience in software, consulting, or financial services organization contributing to the development of complex software or financial products
- Strong project management and organizational skills with demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships
- Extensive experience shipping complex and timely initiatives
- Pragmatic, process + results oriented
- Proficiency in scripting and UNIX environment
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.