Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Venn is an application used by investment allocators (e.g., customers of Two Sigma) to understand holistically the risks and returns of their suite of investments. It decomposes risk and return into factors and allows portfolio optimization by combining a user's factor forecasts with current factor exposures.
As a member of the Growth team on Venn, you will have ownership of initiatives, both strategic and tactical in nature, and sit at the center of these functional groups, working closely with the General Manager of Venn. This team member will play a critical part in ensuring that the business scales effectively and should expect that, as the business scales, so will the complexity and demands of the role.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Proactively identify ways to unlock operational efficiency and add leverage in support of the team's priorities through implementation of new processes and systems
- Advise key decision makers on long-term strategy and operating model of Venn through data-driven quantitative and qualitative analysis (including preparing for quarterly updates and board meetings)
- Translate strategy into specific key cross-functional initiatives, including international expansion and partnership negotiations and develop tools to measure and evaluate progress
- Coordinate Legal, Compliance and Procurement to acquire of new datasets used by the Venn team to ensure new research initiatives are properly resourced for on-time product execution
- Own the tracking and reporting of KPIs and OKRs to the management team, our internal stakeholders and the broader Venn team
- Oversee the financial planning process for the business, in coordination with Two Sigma accounting and strategic planning groups
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience (within strategy consulting or similar growth roles at a technology firm)
- Excellent analytical skills - including building financial models, performing competitive research and bench-marking, market segmentation and sizing
- Excellent project management skills - track record of organizing and successfully delivering several concurrent high-quality, cross-functional projects with explicit timelines
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with people across all levels of the organization and functional roles and effectively communicate through presentations in Powerpoint for senior stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a highly technical environment with deep prior knowledge of the technology industry, including closely collaborating with the product team; technology fluency is a strong plus
- Advanced skills in SQL, Excel and other data analytics or visualization tools (like Tableau)
- Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot and other reporting and analytics tools used in a start-up environment is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record (minimum GPA 3.5) - experience in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related discipline is a plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.