What is Two Sigma?
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers. We apply technology and scientific rigor to financial innovation.
What is Venn?
Venn is a next-generation analytics tool for university endowments, pension funds, nonprofits, and other institutional investors. Our users rely on Venn to understand how to best meet their long-term goals via smarter strategic investments. Our team combines Two Sigma’s quantitative finance expertise with groundbreaking data visualization in a modern web app.
Drive efficiency in the business operations of Venn, working cross-functionally with product, engineering, research, sales, legal and compliance to facilitate our aggressive growth objectives. The Business Lead will have ownership of initiatives, both strategic and tactical in nature and sit at the center of these functional groups, working closely with the GM of Venn. This team member will play a critical part in ensuring that the business scales effectively and should expect that, as the business scales, so will the complexity and demands of the role.
- Proactively identify ways to unlock user growth through operational efficiency, and deliver scalable solutions in consideration of our strategic priorities
- Project management of new business initiatives, including international expansion and partnership negotiations
- Coordinate and oversee work with Two Sigma Legal and Compliance teams to ensure timely execution of contracts to unblock dependencies for all areas of the Venn team
- Manage procurement and handling of new datasets used by the Venn team to ensure new research initiatives are properly resourced for on-time product execution
- General oversight of budgets and expenses for the business, in coordination with Two Sigma accounting and strategic planning groups
- Own the tracking and reporting of KPIs and OKRs to the management team, our internal stakeholders and the broader Venn team
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience
- Accomplished business generalist with the ability to think strategically about the “what” and “why”, combined with a focus on excellence in execution
- Excellent project management skills - track record of organizing and successfully delivering several concurrent high-quality projects with explicit timelines
- Highly accomplished but humble personality
- Experience leading legal and contract negotiations
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with people across all levels of the organization and functional roles
- Comfortable working in a highly technical environment; technology background and fluency are a strong plus
- Knowledge of financial markets and demonstrated personal interest in investing is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record - experience in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related discipline is a plus