Two Sigma, a leading technology-driven investment manager, seeks a Director for its Marketing & Communications team to support external and internal communications activities. Come join one of the hottest companies in the field with a great culture and opportunities to grow and learn.
Reporting to the Head of Communications you will be responsible for leading coverage for a portfolio of businesses, helping to execute on media relations, content, social, events, town halls and employee engagement activities across the group. Ideal candidates will have 7-10 years’ experience in strategic communications, either in-house or at a public relations agency. Core competencies should include strong writing and communications skills, media relations experience, social media acumen, familiarity with Google analytics and first-hand experience supporting senior management. Past work experience in technology or financial services a plus.
What you’ll do here:
- Leverage and enhance earned communications channels such as media relations and thought leadership to build brand awareness and affinity.
- Drive engagement through earned, owned and paid conferences.
- Work with C-suite and other senior leaders of the business as a primary partner for Marketing & Communications.
- Develop subject expertise across technology, data science and financial services.
- Enhance Two Sigma’s digital channels – website and social platforms – to drive awareness and engagement among key external stakeholders.
- Support content development and drive execution across written and in-person internal communications channels. This includes (and of course isn’t limited to): presentations for Town Halls, speaker series, and new hire orientation events; and editing content for our company news and updates.
- Support our work with colleagues in HR and our business areas to create content that answers key business needs and challenges. You’ll also need to coordinate with Marketing teammates, HR, our internal Events team, and third-party vendors regularly.
- Deepen the team’s quantitative approach to measuring and improving marketing and communications activities.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Your expertise—you’re a strong writer with excellent and effective verbal communication skills.
- Your people skills—you can manage relationships and work cross-functionally, juggle projects and partners, and earn trust from senior stakeholders.
- Your passion—you believe in the power of communications to help protect and promote the growth of a brand.
What you’re like:
- A natural communicator and trusted advisor
- Quick-thinking, hard-working, and fast-learning
- Independent, but collaborative
- An extremely organized stickler for details
- Proactive and able to establish and meet deadlines
- Calm and agile in fast-paced situations
What experience you need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree required.
- You must have 7-10 years’ of experience in an innovative a marketing and communications role (either at a leading PR firm or in-house at a technology or finance company).
- Direct engagement with senior leadership and/or C-suite.
- Interactions with media; on-record experience a plus.
- Strong writing skills demonstrated via published op-eds or content.