More than 1000 people who believe the scientific method is the best way to approach investing. Ideas backed up with information, and improved by iteration. That’s Two Sigma. We’re not your typical investment manager. We follow principles of technology and innovation as much as principles of investment management. Fields like machine learning and distributed computing guide us. Since 2001, we’ve searched for ways that these kinds of technologies can make us better at what we do. We never stop researching and developing. In the process, we work to help real people. Through our investors, we support the retirements of millions around the world. And we help fund breakthrough research, education and a wide range of charities and foundations.
The Corporate Platforms and Initiatives group (PMO) within Two Sigma works with functional groups to design and implement scalable business processes and technology solutions to support the firm growth. We are looking to add an experienced HR business analyst / project lead who is passionate about taking our Human Resources platform to the next level of excellence. In this capacity, you will be responsible for;
- Project management - managing stakeholders with diverse agendas, driving meetings, developing consensus, managing project schedules, and applying best practices of project management.
- Business analysis - conducting current state assessments, developing future state processes, syndicating approach with engineering and functional teams, documenting business requirements, converting requirements to functional specifications for engineering teams, coordinating testing, and be responsible for overall solution delivery.
- Program management - managing the project portfolio, helping drive prioritization, support development of business and technical architecture, developing relationships with engineering and functional teams, and helping in bidirectional translation between groups.
Background and Skills:
- This role straddles business and technology groups and requires both “big-picture” thinking and “in-the-weeds” analysis/delivery skills.
- You will have 7+ years of experience in full lifecycle of project management – designing, developing and implementing HR business processes and solutions for multiple Human Resources organizations.
- A background in HR consulting would be ideal, though not required.
- Knowledge of standard HRIS systems such as Workday, Avature etc. would be beneficial in this role; past experience developing reports and SQL queries is a plus.
- You will have excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- You will also have advanced skills in MS Office (including Excel, PowerPoint) and be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.