Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a bright and analytical attorney to join Two Sigma’s Legal team and help to cover a wide range of private fund and investment management related legal initiatives. In this role, you will provide legal guidance and support to the company on a broad array of hedge-fund and adviser related matters.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Working with internal and external counsel to launch new products and maintain fund offering and related documents;
- Providing advice and support in regards to the development and maintenance of investor relations, due diligence and marketing materials;
- Designing and advising on compliance policies and procedures related to firm and product operations;
- Researching applicable securities laws and regulations and provide actionable guidance; and
- Cultivating and managing relationships with business partners across the company.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3 to 4 years of experience as an associate in the investment management (or similar) group of a major U.S. law firm, or in the legal department of an investment adviser.
- Familiarity with private fund and management company structuring, governance and operations.
- A substantive working knowledge of hedge funds and applicable securities regulations, including relevant provisions of the Securities Act, Investment Company Act & Advisers Act.
- Familiarity with U.S. and foreign securities marketing considerations is a plus.
- Desire to grow and develop with the company and your team.
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and efficient multi-tasker, possessing an ability to work one on one with business partners in a highly dynamic environment.
- Candidates must provide a resume, as well as their GPAs for all degrees.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.