The Data Clinic's vision is to harness the power of Two Sigma’s people, data science expertise and technological know-how to provide social good to the world. At Two Sigma, we believe that corporate philanthropy should be rooted in our core skills and competencies; the Data Clinic is a unique business model designed to do just that. We work towards our vision in two primary ways:
- We partner with organizations (non-profits, government, and academia) to help them better serve their communities by tackling analytical and technical problems. You can read more about our work on Two Sigma Insights.
- We produce and publish our own research and thought leadership pieces on different social good themes using a variety of open source data sources.
We are looking to expand the capacity of the Data Clinic by hiring a Data Scientist for Social Good who will work exclusively in the “Social Good” space. Data Scientists will work alongside Two Sigma’s own scientists and engineers to harness data science in new ways, with an eye towards impact.
- Act as primary data scientist on 8-10 Data Clinic projects a year
- Apply statistical analysis & modeling techniques to a range of different datasets on research topics across a variety of subjects/domains
- Interact with partner organizations to understand their data science needs and research hypotheses
- Publish independent research including academic papers and case studies
- Present research to the broader community
- Help to develop internal engagement and training activities (e.g., project lunch & learns/deep dives, hack days, data science training)
- A demonstrated passion for using data to solve hard, impactful, problems
- Experience applying statistical analysis to multiple domains
- A strong academic record with at least one quantitative degree (Masters or PhD)
- Proficiency with statistics and data analysis tools
- Competency with at least one of Python or R
- Experience creating and leading complex technical presentations