Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
In this role, you will partner with our close-knit team of data sourcing colleagues, engineers, quantitative researchers, and data scientists to translate data into actionable insights and to accelerate our vibrant research pipeline.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Operating and extending our data discovery platform to allow for colleagues to discover, trial and purchase datasets
- Identifying and generating reports about our workflows
- Automating manual process to allow Data Discovery to continue to scale
- Project management of various data pipelines to ensure that new datasets are constantly being evaluated
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- BA/BS with strong academic track record with university coursework or related data analysis experience
- Applied data analysis experience, especially using popular scripting languages (particularly Python) and/or data analysis tools and languages (Pandas)
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
- Eagerness to work in an evolving and fast-paced environment
- While financial industry experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology and data
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.