With the breathtaking pace at which data is growing, and the increasing diversity of data types and new hypotheses becoming measurable, we continue to face the inspiring challenge to reveal value in the world’s data.
We are seeking an experienced manager to lead our Data Research and Acceleration (“DRA”) team. In this role, you will lead a multi-disciplinary team that is passionate about data exploration, curation, and analysis, as well as uncovering and dissecting the questions that matter across the large universe of companies, industries and asset classes in which Two Sigma invests. The DRA team combines advanced data wrangling and exploration skills with practical, real-world domain and financial markets awareness. You will partner with our close-knit team of quantitative researchers, data scientists, engineers, and data sourcing colleagues to translate data into actionable insights and to accelerate our vibrant research pipeline.
- Developing and implementing rigorous, scalable and sensible processes that amplify and demonstrate the accuracy and completeness of the data we rely on for our investment management research process
- Asking relevant questions of the data and crisply synthesizing and communicating key quantitative and qualitative observations and trends in the form of “data studies”
- Deepening our industry- and company-specific domain expertise, including our understanding of key themes and drivers
- Motivating new research hypotheses and guiding insight discovery, in novel and impactful ways, drawing inspiration from the markets and the data we analyze
- Deepening partnerships across the team and our key partners to enhance our workflows and stimulate enhanced collaboration and idea generation
- Team mentorship and inspiration, as a player and a coach
- 7+ years relevant work experience in investment research, market research, management consulting, or related field with hands-on data science and analysis a primary focus
- While financial industry experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical and creative thinkers who are passionate about technology, data, and the real world markets in which we operate
- BA/BS degree from top university with strong academic credentials and concentration in computer science, data science, math or other STEM-related field
- Applied data analysis experience, especially using popular scripting languages (particularly Python) and/or data analysis tools and languages (PyData, R, Julia, Matlab, Tableau); experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience managing a team or group of individuals, with direct responsibility for mentorship and career development
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
- Eagerness to work in an evolving and fast-paced environment