Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a bright, resourceful, and discreet ER Specialist to join our Employee Relations team. In this role, you will provide day-to-day guidance and coaching to employees, HR, and managers on a broad range of topics, including performance management, grievances, departures, and conflict resolution. You will have strong analytical skills, sharp intuition, and comfort navigating ambiguity.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations matters in a consistent, empathetic, and legally sound manner;
- Conducting effective and thorough investigations of employee complaints;
- Driving the departure process, from recommending departure terms, to coordinating with in-house counsel on departure paperwork, and handling post-departure follow-up with former employees;
- Benchmarking, drafting, and providing guidance on, and interpretation of, HR policies;
- Developing and managing a range of metrics to strategically inform and measure employee relations efforts;
- Helping to foster a supportive, engaged, and high performing internal community as well as drive a range of initiatives that span employee relations.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree from a top university with an excellent academic record.
- A minimum of 8 years of HR experience in an employee relations role, preferably at a dynamic technology company.
- Maturity, discretion, and sound judgment in managing complex decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and a track record of applying problem-solving and analytical skills to a range of HR issues.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.