Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
This is a new role that presents a unique opportunity for an experienced fundamental equity research analyst to enhance our existing systematic process, help us deeply understand individual companies and their sectors, and translate insights into scalable and diversifying alpha. Through focused collaboration with our close-knit team of quantitative researchers, data scientists, engineers, and business colleagues, your contributions will enable the development of a new generation of alpha research.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Partner with colleagues to identify areas where we can incorporate the virtues of deep fundamental research into our systematic investment processes
- Research industries and companies
- Identify and deeply evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- Distill stock-specific and broader industry investment theses into discrete, quantifiable and actionable research studies
- Leverage Two Sigma’s vast data corpus and leading technology and platform capabilities
- Potential to build and manage a research team
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of prior work experience as an equity research analyst; coverage of multiple sectors preferred but not required
- Strong academic track record; advanced degree or CFA is a plus
- Proven idea generation and investment track record
- Structured, disciplined and scalable investment process
- Collaborative team player
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve
- Intermediate technical capabilities preferred but not require
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.