Two Sigma is different from other investment managers. Founded in 2001 by a statistician and a computer scientist, we apply the scientific method to investment management across the liquid global markets. We combine massive amounts of data, world-class computing power and financial expertise, continuously refining our investment process and deepening our view into how the markets will behave.
This is a new role that presents a unique opportunity for an experienced fundamental equity research analyst to enhance our existing systematic process, help us deeply understand individual companies and their sectors, and translate insights into scalable and diversifying alpha. Through focused collaboration with our close-knit team of quantitative researchers, data scientists, engineers, and business colleagues, your contributions will enable the development of a new generation of alpha research.
- Partner with colleagues to identify areas where we can incorporate the virtues of deep fundamental research into our systematic investment processes
- Research industries and companies
- Identify and deeply evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- Distill stock-specific and broader industry investment theses into discrete, quantifiable and actionable research studies
- Leverage Two Sigma’s vast data corpus and leading technology and platform capabilities
- Potential to build and manage a research team
- 4+ years of prior work experience as an equity research analyst; coverage of multiple sectors preferred but not required
- Strong academic track record; advanced degree or CFA is a plus
- Proven idea generation and investment track record
- Structured, disciplined and scalable investment process
- Collaborative team player
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve
- Intermediate technical capabilities preferred but not required