Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Venn is a next-generation analytics tool for university endowments, pension funds, nonprofits, and other institutional investors. Our users use Venn to better understand how to better meet their long-term goals via smarter strategic investments. Our team combines Two Sigma’s quantitative finance expertise with groundbreaking data visualization in a modern web app.
We’re looking for a talented product manager to accelerate our customer understanding, spec out features, and help define Venn’s direction. We are customer-obsessed, engineering-driven, and deeply analytical - if you are too, we’d love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Interacting with clients to understand their needs, and communicating your insights back to your team.
- Analyzing product performance and user behavior to understand what’s working, identify what’s not, and suggest ways we can improve.
- Working with engineers, designers, quantitative researchers, and business partners to define features that meet user goals and business goals.
- Partnering with engineers, designers, and QA to implement your feature ideas at high quality.
- Collaborating with marketing, customer success, and other partner teams to successfully launch your features.
- Prioritizing and setting Venn's roadmap.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience: You have worked directly with frontend engineers, backend engineers, and designers, as a product manager, for at least 10 years.
- Quantitative thinking: You think in distributions, decompositions, and correlations and are clearly able to communicate in these terms.
- User-centric mindset: You are great at empathizing with individual users, but also at stepping back to think about what will be best for the whole userbase - now and in the future.
- Organization: You know where you want things to go, and you stay on top of the details to make sure you and your team get there.
- Creativity: You come up with simple, effective solutions to complicated problems. You can do this for UX/UI issues, data issues, and process issues.
- Collaborative nature: You are an excellent partner for your eng and design teammates, but you also have a history of building strong relationships outside of your team with technical and non-technical stakeholders. You are polished in B2B customer interactions.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.