Location: New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are seeking a world-class Network Architect to join the team responsible designing, implementing and running Two Sigma’s network. In this role, you will face a wide array of technical challenges that greatly impact our business, these include:
- Designing, developing and building the next generation of Two Sigma’s data center, campus and colocation networks with a view to enterprise grade security, stability, resilience, application delivery, and automation.
- Network capacity planning, provisioning and lifecycle management.
- Working directly with our users to gather ideas and requirements to build a world-class Network environment, using leading-edge techniques and tools.
- Developing an SDN strategy to take Two Sigma’s networks to the next level.
- Leveraging both off the shelf and open source systems and utilities to rapidly provision production networks in a variety of domains.
- Being the technical reference point for escalations and design discussions
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline.
- At least 10 years experience designing, implementing, and maintaining a multi-site Corporate network, with emphasis on high availability, performance and security.
- Robust theoretical and practical experience with BGP, OSPF and MPLS VPN technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of transport (TCP/UDP) and application layer protocols (HTTP/S, FTP, DNS..)
- Strong knowledge of web proxy operations.
- Expert in secure network design using firewalls, access controls, and client authentication mechanisms.
- Familiarity with data encryption practices, concepts and products as pertains to network and application protocols.
- Experience with enterprise authentication infrastructure (radius, dot1x, Kerberos)
- Experience with enterprise search tools (splunk, elk, logstash)
- Experience with enterprise class wireless solutions.
- Ability to manage large scale Engineering projects independently.
- Great communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with other Infrastructure Teams and Developers across the firm.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Excellent and rapid network troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Scripting ability and experience with configuration management tools like Ansible desirable.
- Exposure to SDWAN technologies a plus.