We are seeking experienced, world-class Network Engineers to join the team which supports the backbone of Two Sigma. On this team, you will face a wide array of technical challenges that greatly impact our business. As Two Sigma continues to grow, there is a need for continued evolution of our Corporate Network to meet business demands. We are looking for a hands-on technical manager to lead a small team of mid to senior Security and Enterprise focused Network Engineers. This Engineer would enjoy solving challenging and complex problems of scale using industry best practices. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of Network Engineers with a focus on Network Security and Enterprise technologies.
- Maintain keen oversight of the performance, stability and operations of the global Corporate Network along with all other Enterprise and Network Security products.
- Evolve Two Sigma's Global Corporate Network and DMZ. Introduce new technologies and solutions to enable rapid business growth as well as mitigate Security threats.
- Ensure the broader Network Engineering organization is adhering to Security best practices and principles.
- Drive technical projects and take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex initiatives.
- 10 or more years in an active Network Engineering role with some of that time spent on large scale Corporate mission-critical Networks.
- Prior experience as a tech lead or Manager for a small Engineering team.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with other infrastructure teams and developers across the firm.
- Experience designing, implementing and operating large scale Corporate Networks, Enterprise DMZs and NAC Security products like ISE and Clearpass.
- Thorough understanding of Enterprise authentication protocols (radius, dot1x, kerberos).
- Deep understanding and experience with network virtualization technologies (MPLS, VRFs, VXLAN).
- Solid understanding of site to site and client side VPN technologies and protocols.
- Proficiency with Network flow collection and visibility tools that lend themselves to Security and overall Network monitoring functions e.g Cisco Stealthwatch and Riverbed flow analysis.
- Detailed knowledge of network (BGP,OSPF) transport (TCP,UDP) and application layer protocols (HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP).
- Strong resource and project management skills.
Exceptional candidates will have:
- CISSP or similar industry certification.
- Exposure to DC micro-segmentation products (cisco aci, vmware nsx).
- Exposure to load-balancers and wireless technologies.
- An awareness of and opinions on enterprise SDN technologies (sdwan, Aruba mobility first, Cisco DNA).
- Experience with wan optimization platforms (riverbed…).
- Experience using enterprise search tools (ie., Splunk, Elk, Logstash)