Location: New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are seeking an experienced, world-class Network Software Engineer to join the team which supports the backbone of Two Sigma. As a member of the Network Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing automation and monitoring software to support all aspects of Two Sigma’s global network. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Evolve Two Sigma's proprietary Network software stack as well as open source monitoring platforms.
- Influence the design and architecture of our global multi-vendor Network.
- Assess the teams needs and build a workflow engine to automate processes in line with those needs.
- Assess our customer and partner Network visibility needs and continue to prioritize and release features in line with those needs.
- Improve all aspects of Network reliability, including continuous enhancements to monitoring and alerting.
- Gather and analyze metrics from Network vendor platforms to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Mentor others on the application of Network software development best practices.
- Assist the team in troubleshooting complex performance issues.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline.
- Significant professional experience with a scripting language (e.g. Python / Ruby).
- Strong network fundamentals (e.g. routing / switching / IP / TCP / BGP).
- A proven track record of automation and an algorithmic approach to solving problems.
Exceptional candidates will have experience with:
- Coding with Go.
- Running a global network and automating network operations.
- Network monitoring protocols / solutions / products (e.g. SNMP).
- One or more of the following technologies: Prometheus, protocol buffers, and gRPC.