Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Equity Portfolio Management is looking for a strong technologist with solid math and statistical abilities to join our team as a Portfolio Tactical Analyst. The role includes managing various day-to-day processes in Equity Portfolio Management and their improvements, producing portfolio reporting, ad hoc analysis, tool building, and writing solid and helpful documentation.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Prepare, review and present reporting on the portfolios
- Document processes we do manually, with an eye to automation
- Automate manual tactical processes (or work with developers to do so)
- Answer tactical questions using our current quantitative methodology
- Write visualization widgets (within an existing framework)
- Use and create tools for portfolio analysis
- Perform ad hoc portfolio analysis
- Collaborate successfully with various internal groups
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At a minimum, a bachelor's degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline.
- Strong programming skills, especially in either python, groovy, or java.
- 2+ years of work experience in Portfolio Management
- Interest in the Markets and Portfolio Management
- Strong Communication Skills
- High Attention to Detail
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.