Location: New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Venn is a fast-paced Fintech startup that is reshaping the way trillions of dollars of assets are invested globally. Founded and backed by Two Sigma, Venn operates at the intersection of data-science, technology and finance. Our product focuses on enabling institutional investors to take advantage of powerful quantitative insights and cutting edge technology to make smarter investment decisions. We currently work with some of the world's largest and most respected investors and institutions and are on a course to create the investment operating system of the future, powering professional investors, worldwide.
Learn more about Venn here: https://www.venn.twosigma.com
As a product designer with Venn you will be part of a collaborative, fast-paced, and passionate team of designers, product managers, engineers, data-scientists, and business stakeholders working closely together to solve complex problems and deliver easy-to-use solutions.
You are laser-focused on the user but understand the importance of delivering solutions that serve both user and business needs. You believe that research and testing are the key to good design and you don’t shy away from regular iteration. The challenges of rapid release cycles excite you and you deeply value clarity and simplicity in your designs (but you always find a way to polish and delight). You have a strong sense of when to apply established patterns and styles and when to evolve or abandon them, you value feedback from design peers and engineers, and you feel a strong sense of accomplishment when you can inspire product direction by demonstrating solutions before they are built.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
• Be responsible for the design of complex features that are rich with data and visualizations
• Adhere to and help maintain the Venn design system
• Work on an interdisciplinary team of engineers, product specialists, designers, product managers, and business partners
• Perform user research and translate it into meaningful product insights with guidance from the senior design and product management team
• Clearly communicate research and design rationale to an interdisciplinary team with varying levels of design comprehension
• Collaborate closely with engineers to craft designs that require minimum engineering effort with maximum user and product impact
• Understand the needs of users and the why behind everything you are designing
You should possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience designing on a product team
• Strong understanding of design fundamentals and ability to polish work in a fast-paced environment
• A minimum of 1 year working on a data-rich web application
• Fluent in Sketch and Figma
• Experience designing research-driven products
• Have worked within a design system and value design consistency and coherency
• Can provide a portfolio of relevant product work and at least one in-depth case study covering a problem you’ve recently solved
• Understanding of web accessibility and an interest in finance and/or experience working on fintech products are strong assets but not required
• Communicate with maturity, credibility and clarity
• Highest level of integrity and character
• Creative, resourceful, and driven
• Hard-working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
• Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
• Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
• Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.