Location: New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are seeking exceptional technologists with advanced mathematical and statistical abilities to join the Research team as Quantitative Software Engineers. Equal parts code experts and mathematical thinkers, our quantitative software engineers bring together technical and analytical expertise to grapple with difficult computational and data-related problems directly and implement efficient and innovative solutions. Entailing a sophisticated knowledge of algorithms, statistics, and high-performance computing, this effort has attracted ACM programming competition finalists, Top Coder contenders, and other highly technical, competitive problem solvers.
Quantitative software engineers are responsible for bringing our wealth of ideas to fruition by:
- Designing and implementing trading strategies;
- Building the tools and engines that bring our platforms and models to life.
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university.
- Intermediate/strong programming skills (Java, C, or C++) & scripting languages (Perl, Python, UNIX shell).
- Experience with scientific computing, algorithm development, or pattern recognition.
- A background or interest in building large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications is desired.
- Although industry knowledge or experience is preferred, we will certainly consider exceptional candidates without a background in finance.