Location: New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are seeking a talented Lync/Skype for Business engineer to join our Unified Communications team, sharing responsibility for:
- Designing, building, and maintaining the unified communications platform, which includes instant messaging; desktop, room and mobile video conferencing; web conferencing; telephony endpoints and infrastructure; audio-visual infrastructure; whiteboarding and collaboration tools; live and on-demand streaming video and digital signage;
- Leading role in the strategic delivery for architecture and deployment of cutting-edge Unified Communications technologies, including Lync/Skype for Business, Enterprise Voice and Asterisk;
- Playing a critical role in developing advanced, integrated technology solutions to meet the needs of a fast-growing and diverse business with offices in multiple countries;
- Working with a wide range of products to meet the collaboration needs of our company;
- Participating in producing complex events that are highly visible within the company.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from a top university.
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into UC technology solutions and work across technical disciplines ensuring solutions are cross-functional and optimized.
- At least 3 years of deep technical, hands-on experience in deploying and integrating Unified Communications solutions, including but not limited to Microsoft solutions.
- Lync 2010/Lync 2013/Skype for Business/Skype for Business Online, and Lync Enterprise Voice architecture and deployment experience is recommended.
- Experience with Lync Enterprise Voice gateways and session border controllers (e.g. Audio Codes, Sonus, Acme Packet) and dial plan design.
- Deep technical expertise in UC & C Applications (Voice Call Control, Audio/Video/Web Conferencing, IM/Presence, CDR, E-911, Voice/Fax and Unified Messaging).
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft’s broader productivity and foundational suites, including Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, SharePoint, SQL Server.
- Knowledge of and experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking, including carrier-based SIP service.
- Knowledge of and experience with open source telephony platforms, including Asterisk.
- Experience integrating multi-provider voice and video solutions.
- Capability to troubleshoot connectivity in an environment with multiple networks and firewalls.
- Knowledge of audio and video conferencing technologies (including Polycom and Cisco/Tandberg), audio-visual room control technologies (including Creston, AMX, and Lutron), audio DSP systems (including Soundstructure and Biamp), audio-visual system user interface design, local and remote conference bridging solutions, and basic video post-production.
- Experience with 3rd party API integration, and development/scripting knowledge strongly recommended.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to ensure comprehensive and timely delivery of solutions and events in our fast-paced, diverse environment.