The Platform and Virtualization Engineering team at Two Sigma is responsible for all aspects of analysis, design, and engineering of the server platforms for Two Sigma. Included in the remit of the group is management of the life-cycle of hardware, operating systems, configuration management and build systems. The team also produces specialized builds for latency sensitive environments.
In this role, you will be:
- Engineering the next generation of compute platforms for Two Sigma
- Designing and implementing the distributed systems that are necessary for systems management and the automation of hardware evaluation, provisioning, build and life-cycle management
- Providing subject matter expertise with low-level tuning of operating systems
- Work closely with the network, storage, cloud, and build engineers to deliver a friction-less server environment
For this role, our requirements include:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Deep understanding of Linux
- In-depth knowledge of network and storage sub-systems.
- Understanding and knowledge of virtualization (KVM, Qemu, libvirt, namespaces, containers, etc.).
- Experience with systems and configuration management of distributed infrastructure (such as CFEngine, Chef, etc.)
- Experience monitoring and debugging large-scale, geographically distributed systems
Additionally, the following skills are preferred:
- Experience with the software development life-cycle of large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with life-cycle and change management of hardware and operating systems.
- Database and messaging concept