Two Sigma Ventures (TSV) is an early-stage venture capital fund investing in transformative companies that are harnessing information growth and computing power to change the world. Through our partnership with Two Sigma, a world-class data and technology driven asset management firm with approximately 1700 people, over half of whom work on data science and engineering teams, we provide entrepreneurs access to a proprietary network of experts and startup resources to give them a competitive edge. As an early-stage investor, we focus primarily on seed to Series B investment opportunities, and typically look to lead those investments. We have invested in approximately 70 companies since our founding in 2012 and anticipate adding 10-12 new companies to our portfolio each year. We are growing our team and seeking an Engineering & Data Science Program Manager to work closely with our portfolio companies on their most pressing and important technical challenges. The Engineering & Data Science Program Manager will work closely with the TSV Partner who leads the firm’s portfolio success activities and will join a team that is dedicated to helping our portfolio companies achieve their goals of building big, sustainable, world-changing companies.
The Program Manager will oversee strategic initiatives that help TSV portfolio companies tackle their most important engineering and data science projects. The ideal candidate will have an engineering or data science background they can draw upon to evaluate the technical operations of TSV portfolio companies and identify opportunities to improve them, either by advising them directly or by partnering them with relevant people and resources from the broader Two Sigma organization. The Program Manager will hold regular check-in meetings with the technical leaders of TSV’s portfolio companies and will serve as the project manager for all engagements with portfolio companies that involve providing engineering and data science support. In addition, the Program Manager will be responsible for identifying common challenges across the portfolio and designing and implementing offerings that scale to multiple companies.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build relationships with the technical leaders of TSV portfolio companies and work with them to identify opportunities to support their work and help them think through solutions to difficult challenges they face
- Manage relationships with key partners across the Two Sigma organization and with the broader startup and tech community for the benefit of TSV portfolio companies
- Plan and produce small- and large-scale events and initiatives bringing together TSV portfolio companies, members of the Two Sigma community, and external partners
- Organize and facilitate regular check-in meetings with portfolio companies
- Design, develop, and execute engagements with TSV portfolio companies that utilize our expert network of data scientists and engineers to deliver value back to the companies we’ve invested in
- Assist the TSV partners with the development of new long-term strategic initiatives to support the growing TSV portfolio including implementing the strategy for supporting portfolio companies in all things related to engineering and data science
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, applied math, or a related subject
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a technical role at a technology company or startup
- Experience with project management, including building and managing relationships across multiple stakeholder groups and capturing and reporting on project milestones
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proactive, solutions-oriented, and creative approach to work
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to foster cooperation among diverse individuals
- A demonstrated passion for startups and technology
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.