Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, venture capital, and real estate.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The mission of the Strategic Initiatives team is to apply creativity, rigor, and collaboration to conceive and implement the business growth of Two Sigma Private Investments (TSPI). TSPI is responsible for venture capital, private equity, real estate and other private investing activities. Our team is tasked with framing strategic opportunities for Two Sigma Private Investments and implementing via strategic direction, investment, acquisition, incubation and partnership. A key focus of our work is defining what the future of private investing looks like and how Two Sigma can play a part in leading and improving it. At TSPI we believe that data science and technology can be enduring sources of private investing edge.
In this role, you will make meaningful contributions across a diverse array of projects and will be encouraged to develop a broad skill-set in business strategy, corporate development and operational excellence with a deep focus on private markets investing businesses. The candidate will be a proven collaborator, self-motivated with sharp attention to detail. If you are passionate about joining a fast-paced, diverse team, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Strategic projects to define the future of TSPI and how we get there
- Incubation of new businesses: working on exciting growth initiatives from conception to execution, including the launch of new private investments strategies
- Deep involvement in the planning and operations of TSPI - helping to define and drive the core objectives set out for the group
- Strategic investments - sourcing, conducting diligence on and implementing deals
- Partnerships with other leading firms to drive strategic outcomes
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2-4 years of experience in roles in asset management, functioning in a strategy, chief of staff or corporate development capacity, institutional investment management (endowment, foundation, pension, insurance, SWF, Fund of Fund etc.), M&A investment banking or management consulting
- Rigorous analytical skills - including building financial models, valuation analysis, performing driven research and bench-marking, market segmentation and sizing
- Excellent project management skills - track record of organizing and successfully delivering several concurrent high-quality, cross-functional projects with explicit timelines
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with people across all levels of the organization and functional roles and effectively communicate through presentations for senior business leaders
- High standard of ethics, integrity and professionalism
- Familiarity with PitchBook, Preqin and CapIQ a plus
- CFA candidate or charterholder preferred
- BA / BS degree – majors in finance, economics, STEM or related fields
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.