Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma’s intensive research-based approach to systematic trading requires a world-class research platform to derive alpha from the world’s data, as well as a unique approach to monetizing our alpha in order to power our investment management business. Our Portfolios product team partners with modelers, researchers, portfolio managers, and other engineering functions to ensure that we maximize our ability to realize value from our quantitative research.
We are seeking product managers to own product strategy and roadmap for our monetization platform, which includes products related to research simulation and backtesting, quantitative portfolio research and construction, new business launches, and systematic management of portfolio risk. Our product management team is responsible for ensuring that we have a coherent platform that enables our rigorous, collaborative, scientific approach, and as part of this team, you will be working on solving the problems related to some of the largest growth areas within the firm.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for products within Two Sigma’s modeling platform.
- Identify and navigate trade offs and prioritization across a wide variety of customers and key stakeholders.
- Establish a comprehensive and detail-oriented understanding of the needs of your customers and stakeholders, and be able to advocate for the customer when working with engineering throughout the product development cycle.
- Engage closely with multiple engineering teams to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
- Navigate a highly matrixed environment and successfully drive a transformational technology agenda.
- Use metrics and quantitative analysis to measure product utility, gain insights, find opportunities, and build consensus.
- Coordinate and deliver effective internal product communication and information delivery across all areas of the organization.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Manager role.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- Experience with product ownership and driving a product vision, strategy and roadmap, including functional requirements gathering and prioritization.
- Ability to assess technical platforms, identify problem areas, champion continuous improvement initiatives and drive innovation.
- Knowledge of Python, Java, or other languages that target the JVM.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with quantitative modeling systems is a plus.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.