Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma’s systematic macro business is planning to expand significantly over the next few years. To support this growth, the Systematic Macro Engineering team builds quantitative software for the research and trading of Two Sigma’s systematic macro business across a wide range of techniques. We work on a variety of strategic and tactical projects ranging from building macro factor models, computing macro instrument returns to construct macro portfolios, speeding up macro research simulations and building modeling tools for macro alpha modelers.
We are currently looking for strong engineering managers to join the Systematic Macro Engineering team. In this role, you will manage 3 to 6 developers to collaborate with a sophisticated set of users, product managers, engineering leaders and teammates to deliver world-class software for Two Sigma’s systematic macro business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the planning, execution and success of large technical projects
- Mentor junior engineers and grow team members’ career
- Hiring and staffing of the team
- Collaborate partner teams to identify key strategic goals for the group
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- A track record of successfully releasing high quality software products
- A team player, able to work smoothly with modeling and engineering partners
- Rich engineering experience in the quantitative software engineering domain is a big plus
- Experienced in playing tech lead role or manager role
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.