Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades over 10,000 US equities and 4,000 listed options, leveraging our high performance trading system to execute over 850 million shares per day. Two Sigma Securities is entering an exciting growth phase. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their own work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
The Production Engineering team is primarily focused on reliability engineering, including driving automation, improving real-time monitoring, developing metrics to measure performance, and leading the release and deployment lifecycle for projects supporting our electronic trading systems.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Automation focused software development to build maintainable and scalable ultra-low latency systems and tools
- Research to find opportunities for efficiency using the latest innovative computing, networking, and connectivity trends and developments
- Ensure adherence to consistent risk tolerances between rapid development/deployment versus reliability
- Design and implement architecture/technology and support our proprietary trading environment
- Collaborate with software and infrastructure peers from across Two Sigma to define and improve technical and operational best practices across both the hardware and network
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A BS/BA degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific field
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 1-10 year(s) of programming experience using Python and Bash shell scripting and an aptitude for algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Experience with the FIX protocol including troubleshooting of connectivity problems and order routing issues is preferred
- Experience supporting a distributed high frequency, low latency system. Knowledge of network/connectivity and/or Linux server technologies, particularly as related to the above
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $165,000 and $300,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.