Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a business / data analyst to join our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. Our group supports the firm’s Management Committee and business leads by producing key metrics highlighting the financial performance of Two Sigma and each of the entities in order to drive critical business decisions. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to shape and influence the growth and strategy of the firm through insightful, data-driven analyses.
If you are someone that has strong attention to detail; with the ability to proactively identify and resolve potential issues we want to talk to you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate with business leaders and key partners to a). Prepare a consolidated Two Sigma Budget, complete with key objectives, as well as revenue, key performance indicators, expenses and headcount; and b). Evaluate revenue, expense, and headcount trends vs. the Budget
- Institute innovative reporting, analytics, and policy to influence behavior across the firm
- Manage / improve our financial data platform by partnering with engineering colleagues to maintain and craft reporting/analytic tools
- Serve as functional expert on internal financial reporting systems, including understanding existing functionality, translating new business needs into system changes / technical requirements
- Future responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with business leaders to launch new business initiatives / product development
- Incorporating FP&A practices across Modeling, Engineering and Corporate areas (e.g. cost optimization, resource allocations, etc.)
- Project lead on high exposure initiatives across the firm
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting/Engineering/Mathematics or related field
- 1-5 years of relevant work experience (business analytics)
- Ability to work with structured data
- Advanced MS Excel skills are a must
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.