Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The mission of the Legal and Regulatory Engineering (LNRE) team is to deliver capabilities to facilitate the implementation of Legal & Regulatory-owned policies and procedures, and therefore reduce risk for the firm. We work hard to deliver a consumer grade user experience to our stakeholders, enabling them to be more productive and effective at their jobs, and introducing automation where possible. Our products are used by our partners in Legal & Regulatory as well as the broader Two Sigma population. As a software engineer in the LNRE team, you will design, build, deploy, test, and support data-centric and user experience-centric products leveraging Java, SQL Server, Kubernetes, Typescript and Angular. You will develop solutions and applications that enable business users to accomplish business critical goals, with a focus on robust design and high-quality code. You will be expected to take ownership of projects, both new and legacy, interact closely with business stakeholders so that you can understand their problems, and devise elegant solutions that help advance our L&R team’s goals.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build RESTful services and web applications in Java over Kubernetes
- Deliver reliable software by adhering to and promoting engineering best practices (e.g, detailed code reviews, automated testing and innovative and forward thinking tooling)
- Organize project scope and prioritize tasks to deliver high-impact, business critical projects
- Create and present materials on projects and technical topics
- Collaborate to document and communicate technical designs
- Build relationships with our Legal and Regulatory partners, interact with our users to gather requirements, test systems during the development lifecycle and understand user’s pain points with respect to production systems
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 2 years of full-time experience in a software development field
- A passion for software quality and automation
- A highly collaborative mindset with an eagerness to work in an agile environment where you are constantly learning and teaching
- The ability to own projects or parts of projects from start to finish
- Experience with Java and SQL
- Knowledge of web service architecture and scalable, resilient systems
- Familiarity with front-end development is a plus
- Knowledge of the Legal & Regulatory business domain is a plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.