Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeing a few talented and versatile software engineers to join our newly formed Shanghai Engineering team. Our mission is to build and sustain a technology platform to help expand our growing China business capabilities and product offerings. This will include building out our data onboarding and research platform, as well as building and operating our new trading system. This role will require substantial independent work and offers the opportunity to build new infrastructure leveraging the best that our cloud providers have to offer.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Design and implement our cloud-based data onboarding infrastructure and establish our research platform
- Design and implement software for automated trading of financial instruments, across different financial markets
- Monitor and drive reliability improvements in our production systems, including automated trading, risk management, order flow and data reliability
- Work closely with researchers and investment professionals
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Demonstrated experience delivering mid-sized project independently
- Experience with modern programming languages (Java, Python, C/C++, Rust, etc.) programming styles (OO, functional) and techniques (design/architecture patterns)
- Systems scripting in Linux (including experience in Python scripting)
- Experience with hands-on SQL coding and schema design is a plus
- Experience designing and building ETL (extraction, transformation, and load) pipelines, data platforms, or data analytics tools is a plus
- Experience of working on cloud platforms such as AWS is a plus
- Experience working with financial markets (participants and details of assets like Futures and Equities) is beneficial but not required
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese. Professional working proficiency in English
- China fund practice qualification holder or will obtain the qualification within a reasonable timeframe.