Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented, hands-on senior software engineer/tech lead for our Shanghai Engineering team. You will be the lead engineer of this newly formed Engineering team and be responsible for leading the development and operation of our first onshore platform including a new trading system and data processing infrastructure. Both areas are critical as Two Sigma expands into its China business capabilities and product offerings and will give the candidate a holistic understanding of the Two Sigma China business. The trading system will need to meet the high reliability and performance requirements for running research driven trading strategies. The data processing infrastructure will focus on facilitating a robust pipeline for researching data. The ideal candidate must be comfortable being the tech lead to a small team of engineers.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
● Oversee the technical direction, design and drive the implementation of the Shanghai Research and Execution platforms.
● Research Platform -
○ Oversee the implementation of our cloud-based data pipelines and establish our research platform.
○ Work closely with quantitative researchers to continuously improve the platform.
● Execution Platform -
○ Technical ownership of the new trading system covering several financial instrument types, across different financial markets.
○ Monitor the daily production of automated trading, risk management and order flow, while providing software support to traders executing their portfolio orders.
○ Work with researchers to gather market data, develop/engineer trading tactics and software tools to more effectively perform quantitative research.
● Tech Lead a team of 3-4 cross functional engineers.
● Work directly with researchers, investment professionals in Shanghai, in addition to counterparts in NY.
You should possess the following qualifications:
● A bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
● 5+ years of professional software development experience building production-grade distributed software systems.
● Experience with modern programming languages (Java, Python, C/C++, Rust, etc.) programming styles (OO, functional) and techniques (design/architecture patterns)
● Low-latency software techniques (lock-free programming, shared memory, cache-aware data structures, garbage collection)
● Experience working with financial markets (participants and details of assets like Futures and Equities) and knowledge of market microstructure (matching engines, exchange gateways, order management)
● Systems scripting in Linux (including experience in Python scripting)
● Experience of working on cloud platforms such as AWS is a plus
● Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
● Strong analytical and communication skills
● China fund practicing qualification holder or will obtain the qualification within a reasonable timeframe