Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a Reliability Engineer to support our on-premise compute fleet (Private Cloud and Kubernetes) used by the whole engineering organization at Two Sigma. We manage the stack from the underlying hardware to the virtualization layer and we are responsible for all the aspects of the environment lifecycle: provisioning, monitoring, capacity planning and incident response/analysis.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for the entire production stack listed above, both Private Cloud and Kubernetes.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Own the Private Cloud and Kubernetes infrastructure management
- Maintain the configuration for our fleet through automation
- Own the hardware lifecycle (provisioning, break/fix coordination with the datacenter team)
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a systems or reliability engineer with Linux systems administration skills
- Experience running/configuring large-scale (100s or 1000s+) Linux systems
- Demonstrated experience programming and testing in Python or similar programming language
- Experience supporting critical infrastructure that must run 24x7
- Experience with OpenStack, Ceph and/or Kubernetes is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.