Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Reliability Engineering Technology team is passionate about creating full stack products for all engineers and non-engineers at Two Sigma. Our products make support rotations less stressful, ease problem identification and resolution, help measure and improve DevOps processes, and even automate certain aspects of incident response processes. Engineers on the team deeply care about making engineering processes more efficient and about end users: we work with customers on a daily basis trying to understand their needs and building products that solve their problems.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Own the full development cycle from ideation to design, implementation, testing and release
- Collaborate with product users and other stakeholders to understand the product needs and be a key player in scoping, designing and implementing solutions to address those needs
- Develop the frontend and backend of our web and mobile applications: backend development in Java and Python and frontend in Angular
- Ensure the web applications and backing services are performant, highly available and fault-tolerant
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Between 2 and 10 years of full-time software development experience
- An understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with Java (or other JVM languages) and Python
- Extraordinary programming skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing user-oriented applications
- Familiarity with full stack web development using Angular or React
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.