Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Feature Engineering works with our modeling partners to provide a rich resource of high-level features which serve as inputs to research and ultimately live trading systems. The team is responsible for supporting feature creation efforts across the company as well as directly producing data resources in collaboration with domain experts.
We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to lead the development of tooling and platforms to support Feature Engineering. The role will include owning the architecture for new tooling and building out a multi-year feature development platform plan. The candidate will lead a growing team (2+) of software engineers.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of 2+ software engineers, including task planning and code reviews
- Contribute technically - including architecture, design, and mentorship
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of a collection of projects contributing to a broader vision
- Coordinate project-related work with product managers, researchers and others on partner engineering and business teams
- Contribute to operational efforts to ensure continual availability of our software and datasets
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership, with experience developing and mentoring software engineers.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience working in a data intensive application stack
- Strong foundation in design, data structures, algorithms, and problem-solving
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative or technical discipline
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.