Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
When you work with us, you tackle tough problems alongside other scientists and engineers. People who will challenge your ideas. Who you can really learn from, and collaborate with. And you’ll be doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to serve these organizations.
Two Sigma China is looking for a data scientist and engineer with experience in the China Markets and excellent background in data analysis, statistical techniques and software engineering. This role will lead data analysis and signal generation for all of Two Sigma’s Onshore China Alpha Research in both Equities and Futures markets.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Perform exploratory data analysis, cleaning and profiling on a wide range of datasets, including structured and unstructured data
- Evaluate the suitability of datasets with regard to alpha hypotheses on fundamental and behavior priors
- Build robust signals from these datasets representing a wide range of alpha and predictive hypotheses
- Engage third-party experts and analysts to build China-focused domain knowledge in the Equities and Futures markets
- Work closely with senior portfolio managers and strategists to prioritize alpha hypotheses and associated data acquisition
- Work closely with Engineers to develop robust signal generation and production pipelines
- Attend events and conferences to build domain knowledge and obtain local insights related to the China markets
- Build and grow the China Alpha signal generation team
You should possess the following qualifications:
- An advanced degree in a technical or quantitative discipline like Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in analyzing large data sets using a modeling language like R or Python
- Experience in writing production code and familiarity with software engineering workflows and systems
- A strong interest in economic fundamentals and market phenomena and the ability to use fundamental and behavioral priors to come up with alpha hypotheses and signals
- At least 5 years of professional experience with China Markets and associated datasets
- Experience with the China Futures market and Commodity Fundamentals is significantly preferred
- Ability to independently and creatively approach data analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a collaborative working style