Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Trading Reliability Engineering organization works to improve the reliability, operability, and maintainability of our core trading systems. We have an opening on the trading support team’s New York division. This team owns and operates the core production trading environment. Their project work focuses on enabling business initiatives, reducing risk, improving visibility, and increasing operational efficiency. The team is a highly collaborative collection of engineers from a range of backgrounds that all share a passion to improve our systems and to learn from one another while doing so.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Providing primary support for multiple large distributed software systems, notably mission-critical trading systems as well as in-house algorithms
- Gathering and analyzing metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Improving all aspects of software reliability, including observability, operability, scalability, and availability
- Developing software for systems, services, tools and libraries
- Partnering with traders and portfolio managers to deliver business value for various asset classes
- Driving modernization initiatives and shaping the future of Two Sigma’s modeling, optimization, and execution pipelines
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A BS/BA in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline and 5+ years of professional experience
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages (such as Python, Java, C++)
- Proven track record for automating process together with an algorithmic approach to solving problems
- Ability to profile and debug applications in real time
- Trading domain and order lifecycle management knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and having the ability to construct moderately complex SQL queries
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- New York Office Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.