Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Local Market Strategy team collaborates across the firm to identify and implement local investment and business opportunities, from supporting investment teams to craft localized models to cultivating partnerships for localized products. The team works closely with partners to generate and implement new product ideas, deliver on expansion initiatives, and drive further operating efficiency for our portfolios and the broader investment management business globally.
In this role you will initially focus on developing and leading critical initiatives related to the growth of the firm’s China-related investment management efforts, including support for our China onshore investment management business and our offshore China-related investment research strategy. The scope of work will expand over time to incorporate localization strategies in other markets. The Local Market Strategy team develops hypotheses, proposals, and recommendations and then leads their successful implementation, oftentimes when the path forward is ambiguous or uncertain. You will be encouraged to identify key questions/issues, think critically, and challenge the “status quo” when relevant. If you are excited about joining a fast-paced, strategic team, we'd love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses to support the development of strategic recommendations and cases
- Evaluate and help drive potential product improvements
- Manage workstreams (at times, on multiple projects) to bring business initiatives to fruition; spanning data, investment strategies, trading platforms, business & team expansions, etc.
- Support the growth and ongoing operation of the China-related Investment Management business
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years’ work experience, ideally within investment management, management consulting, investment banking, or strategy
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with large cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with project management and cross-functional team work a plus
- BS/BA in mathematics, finance, economics or engineering-related fields preferred
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (also known as G Suite) and Microsoft Office, e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word and equivalent programs
- Familiarity with Chinese investment management markets and proficiency in spoken and written Mandarin are encouraged but not required
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.