Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented, hands-on, technical project manager to drive high complexity, cross-organizational solutions over multiple phases. You will be responsible for working with various teams within our Modeling Engineering organization, as well as partnering with researchers on projects to help advance our Investment Management business. You will be operating at the intersection of Finance, Mathematics and Software Engineering, often on industry state-of-the-art solutions, and as such will be expected to thrive in deeply technical domains with expert engineers and researchers. Your projects will accelerate quantitative research and/or business expansions.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Own the project planning, delivery, work breakdowns, resource planning, and day-to-day project management of complex, often cross-organizational, project using suitable methodologies
- Build and deploy tools and processes to collect, distill and report on organizational information such as key performance indicators or progress metrics.
- Use judgment to build consensus, drive projects, schedule, plans, execution, and communicate status to the stakeholders
- Work closely with Software Engineers, Product Managers and Researchers to deliver high quality products through to production.
- Partner with Two Sigma cross-functional leaders and be a thought leader in raising the bar on planning and execution.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Information Systems
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Program Management role, preferably for a financial services or technology company. Strong background in managing full-lifecycle software projects independently.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage projects using Agile software development (Scrum, Kanban, etc), collaborating with multiple teams. Passionate about project delivery and being outcomes-oriented.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills - be a clear and effective communicator. Enjoy collaborative problem solving and building robust relationships.
- Competency with Data Analysis and Visualization in Excel, Google Sheets
- Experience with Python is preferred but not required.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.