Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a Regional HR Lead to join our Human Resources team and support our EMEA and Asia teams. In this high-impact role, you will serve as a centralized leader for all things HR in our London office, as well as provide support to our other international offices in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. Acting as the main point of coordination between business partners and SME's you will build out the company’s HR capabilities on a global scale. In addition to orchestrating operational efficiencies across our multifaceted offices, you will serve as an expert on regional best practices. Day-to-day, this can encompass mentoring, career development, performance management, employee engagement, and effective organizational design.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Serving as the primary HR point of contact for London, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo offices.
- Partnering with senior leaders and HR Business Partners across teams and business lines to translate team and local office objectives into achievable results
- Implementing new office-specific protocols to ensure consistent communication of, and coordination around, key HR processes (e.g., hiring and onboarding).
- Participating in the design, iteration, and/or rolling out of critical HR programs and processes (e.g., compensation, performance management, talent reviews, promotions) at all levels of the organization to ensure that desired objectives and outcomes are realized
- Coaching and advising leaders on key people matters including team and individual development, organizational design, retention, etc.
- Leveraging subject-matter expertise from various HR disciplines (e.g., Recruiting, Learning & Development, Compensation, Employee Relations, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) as well as from other key partners (e.g., Legal, Marketing & Communications) to promote appropriately tailored outcomes and solutions for local employee populations.
- In partnership with the Rewards team, evaluating and optimizing our current benefits practices to ensure competitive offerings across our international offices, including scoping the competitive benefits landscape, advising on local best practices, and monitoring existing and new offerings
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a solid academic record
- Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience with 6 years as an HRBP/Generalist with employee-facing responsibilities, preferably at a technology company or regulated financial institution
- Experience applying knowledge of key HR disciplines (e.g., talent, compensation, benefits).
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships with technical or scientific functions I.E Software Engineering, DataScience or Quantitative Research.
- Adeptness at navigating ambiguity and pivoting between strategy and tactical execution
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions independently and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Experience in structuring employee benefits, complying with local labor laws, and adapting global programs (e.g., L&D, DEI) to local needs/culture
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive BUPA Professions and BUPA Dental private insurance schemes offered to employees and dependents. Private vision insurance scheme, travel insurance, competitive pension scheme options.
- Perks: Gym reimbursement, onsite bike storage and showers, casual dress
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: 25 days vacation and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.