Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Insights team’s mission is to crowdsource the world’s investment insights. To that end, the cross-functional group develops programs and products for engaging crowds of research experts across the globe. Insights Engineering is a cloud-first team developing external-facing websites, mobile applications and APIs in AWS with the goal of systematically sourcing expert opinions that can make investment insights available as structured data for Two Sigma’s Modeling efforts. We are seeking an experienced full-stack software engineer who can design and build elegant cloud-native solutions to complex and challenging problems on the front-end, back-end and infrastructure side.
If you are interested in scoping, implementing and managing the release of interesting full-stack applications on AWS that have direct impact on the firm’s PnL, this is the perfect team for you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Ownership of the full development cycle from ideation to designing, implementation, testing and release.
- Collaboration with the product team and other stakeholders to understand the product needs and be a key player in scoping, designing and implementing solutions that address those needs.
- Front-end and back-end development of our web and mobile applications. Backend development is in Java and Python while Frontend is in React.
- Ensure the web application and backing services are performant, highly available and fault-tolerant.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 1+ year(s) of professional software development experience in Java
- Familiarity with full stack web development, preferably experience with React
- Strong communication skills to work constructively and collaboratively with the other functions within the Insights group.
- Experience managing user experience for a customer-facing application is desirable.
- Experience with AWS services is beneficial but not necessary.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.