Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Ventures (TSV) is a venture fund that focuses on startups leveraging advanced technology such as data science, AI, machine learning, bioinformatics, and predictive analytics to solve problems in a wide variety of industries. TSV is affiliated with Two Sigma Investments, a $50B technology-driven asset management company that employs around 1700 people, including more than 200 PhDs, who believe in the power of math, data and technology to produce innovative solutions to the world’s challenges. We are one of the few venture firms that can tap into such a strong group of technical experts to support startups, and our long-term capital orientation enables us to focus on companies pursuing big, world-changing ideas.
TSV is seeking a full stack engineer to contribute to the development of our internal technology platform. We believe that applying data and automation to various aspects of our investing process will aid us in identifying and supporting the most promising companies.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the TSV team on the short-term and long-term vision for a suite of VC focused products related to data analysis, deal sourcing, company evaluation, portfolio monitoring, team collaboration, and more.
- Building tools, dashboards, and products that enable the team to collaborate with partners both internal and external to Two Sigma
- Designing and developing APIs related to our investment process
- Developing front end website architecture
- Working on the entire research process, from data extraction to tools that can be used by the investment partners
- Using your intuition about startups and the venture capital industry to explore new ideas and hypotheses
Why you love what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be pioneering the burgeoning field of quantitatively assisted VC investment.
- Access to unique and robust technical resources in both people and tools through Two Sigma Investments
- Flexibility and support to drive the success of your projects.
- Significant influence over your role and the projects you want to work on
- Opportunity to pioneer a systematic approach to venture capital and to develop a deeper understanding of the industry
- Part of a small team where your opinion is valued
- Working with smart, fun colleagues to achieve collective team goals
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year or preferred 1-5 years of experience as full-stack web developer who has built user-facing products
- BS/MS in computer science (or other evidence of technical training)
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious, and a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial, leadership, design or product management experience
- Familiarity with statistical or machine learning techniques and associated programming languages (Python, R)
- Knowledge of React and common tools used in the wider React ecosystem, such as Node.js and npm
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $160,000 and $225,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.