Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Ventures invests in early-stage companies using data-driven techniques like machine learning to build products that propel the technology industry. As the venture capital affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, we have access to a deep technical network of PhDs and technology practitioners. We deliver the expertise of this network to our portfolio companies.
We seek an experienced data scientist to join our team to contribute to our ongoing effort to utilize data to enhance our investment process. We believe that there’s a wealth of underutilized data in the venture capital industry, and we want someone to help us understand and apply that data. You’ll work alongside our existing team, helping to lead the charge in terms of helping the venture capital industry become more data driven.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Working with our data strategy team to identify and evaluate data sets relevant to quantitative venture capital investing
- Building statistical models related to startups that will be incorporated into our existing proprietary tools
- Co-managing the entire research process from data extraction to tools that can be used by the rest of the team
- Using your intuition about startups and the venture capital industry to explore new ideas and hypotheses
- Helping set the short-term and long-term data strategy for the suite of products that will be used to quantify venture capital
Why you love what you’ll be doing:
- Access to robust technical resources in both people and tools through Two Sigma Investments
- Access to private and vendor data sets at your discretion
- Control over your role and the projects you want to work on
- Ability to pioneer a systematic approach to venture capital and a deeper understanding of the industry
- Part of a small team where your opinion is respected and where you can make meaningful contributions
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of work experience
- BS in computer science, math or related fields
- Experience using statistical or machine learning techniques in Python
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious, and a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial/leadership or product management experience
- You love to explore and learn from data
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, statistics, or some related quantitative field and technical startup experience
is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.