Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for a Quantitative Researcher to help us develop systematic investment strategies in the fast-evolving digital asset space. In this role, you will apply a rigorous scientific approach to design innovative alpha models and discover new trading opportunities.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Engage in the research and investment process, including idea generation, statistical analysis, model design and implementation
- Apply advanced modeling techniques on a variety of market, fundamental and on-chain datasets
- Develop robust alpha strategies with trading horizons ranging from hours to days
- Monitor new opportunities, risks and developments across digital asset markets
- Collaborate in a team environment with quantitative researchers, traders and engineers
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of quantitative research / systematic investing experience. Prior professional experience in digital assets is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the digital asset ecosystem and market dynamics
- Ability to conduct rigorous quantitative research using on-chain datasets
- Expertise in data analysis: estimation methods, time series analysis, machine learning techniques
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, like statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science, or similar
- Excellent skills in at least one programming language (like Python, Java, C, or C++)
- Ability to tackle in-depth research projects, discover creative solutions and communicate ideas clearly
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.